Our firm is currently seeking talented, entrepreneurial-minded, advancement-oriented individuals for the following openings.
TO APPLY: Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO SEE IF KOS IS RIGHT FOR YOU? Send an inquiry to us at email@example.com and we will put you in touch with someone here at your current career level.
Skills & Experience for ALL Accounting and Tax Positions:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on the ability to articulate complex accounting, tax and financial information to clients;
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting / tax software programs;
- CPA or in the process of obtaining certification;
- Comfortable working in a team environment with changing priorities and deadlines;
- Intermediate Word, Adobe and Excel skills;
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
ACCOUNTING / AUDITING DEPARTMENT – positions in our A&A department generally require previous public accounting experience (other than entry level) and any experience with CCH ProSystem fx programs and QuickBooks is a huge plus.
• No current openings for this department! Please check back later!
TAX DEPARTMENT – We are always interested in talking to candidates with a least 3 years of tax experience, send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Knowledge of CCH ProSystem fx is a plus.
KOS currently has several paid INTERNSHIP opportunities available for the Spring 2018 tax season. This position would report to the tax department and use ProSystems to prepare individual and less complex business and trust returns. The ideal candidate must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher to participate for credit and have Junior or higher status. This position would start the first week in February and would extend thru April 16th 2018.
• Prepare complex individual income tax returns, including multi-state returns.
• Prepare tax return work papers and schedules in accordance with firm’s tax return procedures.
• Maintain a tax return inventory log of all returns in Excel and update return status on a daily basis.
• Identify and communicate missing tax return items to ensure client’s data is collected in a timely manner.
• Accumulate a working knowledge of individual and corporate tax laws. Attend weekly tax training sessions.
• Consult tax resource guides to determine proper tax treatment of various tax items.
• Assist with preparation of tax projections and extension calculations.
• Assist with special tax projects, as requested.
• Utilize technology programs including; Prosystem FX, Excel, electronic file exchange (leapfile), and electronic document management system.
• Professional environment
• Paperless tax files
• 35-40 hour work weeks will be required during the internship, flexible schedule
• Advanced technology includes; automatic flowing of information from client documents to tax returns, secure electronic file exchange with clients and electronic document filing system
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel)
• Willingness to learn
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Basic Accounting Courses and at least one taxation course preferred
• GPA requirement of 3.0 and higher for credit
ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT – positions in our Administrative department generally require previous experience working in a business environment.
Temporary Receptionist / File Clerk
Start date is August 28th, 40 hours per week 8:30-5 Monday through Friday, through October 16th.
Receptionist Job Duties:
• Answer high volume phones (learn phone system)
• Greet clients, offer a beverage
• Prepare and send FedEx/UPS/USPS outgoing / sort incoming mail (average of 30 UPS/Fed Package a day up to 50 during peak times)
• Sign off on routing sheets; volume corresponds with outgoing packages
• Manage 3 conference rooms; reservations, restock & clean up afterward)
• Check tax returns to prepare for mailing (.i.e. partner signatures, invoices, etc,)
• Be familiar with and follow front desk security protocols
• Process and print Tax Organizers
• Send, receive and distribute faxes
• Check packages for Engagement Letters
File Clerk Duties
• Deliver mail to all offices and workstations with mail cart
• Pick up Partner and Manager out-boxes and distribute appropriately
• Process outgoing mail using the postage machine
• Deliver mail to the U. S. Postal box outside
• File and distribute 1040 files from shelves (high and low shelves)
• Distribute organizers/source documents to signers/partners offices
• Deliver assembled tax returns to proper individuals for signing
• Make copies upon request
• Fill copiers with paper daily
Job Related Skills
• Minimum 1 year office experience preferred
• Basic Word, Excel, Outlook skills are needed
• Ability to pick up quickly on various internal software used
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; handle workload with regular interruptions
• Clear and Concise written and verbal communication skills
• Friendly and customer service oriented
• Positive attitude
• Exhibits high level attention to detail (addresses names correct spelling etc.)
• Non-stationary position very active requires escorting clients, handling larger packages, a lot of getting up and moving around
BENEFITS WE OFFER: Competitive salary; 401k and cafeteria plan; Health, life, dental, and disability insurance; Generous PTO policy; Employee bonus program; Partially paid maternity/paternity policy; Bereavement policy; Firm-paid CPE, membership dues and licenses.
SOME THINGS YOU CAN EXPECT AT KOS: Thorough orientation process; Mentoring; Semi-annual performance appraisals; Lunch and learn meetings; Book discussion groups; Leadership development and soft skills training programs; Dress for your day attire year-round; Flexible hours schedule; Challenging work assignments and promotions based on skill.
SOMETHING NOT TO EXPECT AT KOS: Crazy, ridiculous hours, all-nighters, sleeping accommodations, or sweat-shop conditions. Yes, we work hard and our tax season weeks are in the 55 – 60 hour range. But there is life outside the office and we respect that.